Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The PlayList...

Music and songs have always been a special part of college life. No matter what the occasion be, without music, it would be incomplete. During my four years there were some songs, which I will always remember more for why they were sung or played than it’s music or lyrics. The songs that take me back to the time when I heard them, to the people they were heard with, giving a reason to remember the awesome days and bringing back a smile.


With 5th Year anniversary since ragging around , this can be a playlist of our memories.
10. Now Or Never :- Song by a band called dope, after listening to which Smaran had decided to form his own band, in which he would be the LEAD VOCAL GUITARIST. Over the years he did prove his skills as a lead vocal, especially during the exam time. Now if he can only learn how to ‘pull strings’, he might actually be able to accomplish his dreams.

9. Bang Bang Bang ( Hello) :- The song came out b4 the GL party at my home, and I remember everyon had “one step” that displayed the essence of “bang “ ,and this bang was in know were related to a gun shot. The moves showed what bang actually was.

8 Masti :- It was the first HIV 2k5 dance. And credits to Ravish, Gogi and Nunz , brilliant dancers like me and Rohan also managed to pull of a show at the dance night. One of the funny things about the dance was, J being there for all three songs and getting less camera time than me. In fact poor guy was hardly seen in the video.

7. Right Na Na Na :- One of the most heard Akon song towards the ned of our college life. It was Sharad’s room where I first heard it. And I remember Gogi, Ravish and Sharad displaying some dance moves which gave the “make up” an impression of “ make love”.

6. In the End :- I am not really about the Linkin park version, though it was heard playing often in the old 2k5 lobby. This song had a yet another not so popular version. I doubt it was heard by everyone among us. But I think it was the first time I had heard anything original by Mr Gogzzz , and he had dedicated it , with lots of love to the brain of our batch , Smaran Sanadhya , during the days when the maths wiz was desperate to wake up for morning walks.

5. Billo Rani/ Paani Them Them :- This was the set of the songs for the 2nd HIV 2K5 performance as a batch on BITOTSAV Stage. Performed within the confusion of the fight between 2k3 and the profs. The song had likes of me and chabra dressed in salwar as Billo Rani to give a duet look. To be soon followed by my super slow cat walk across the stage on song Paani them them , that almost caused enough worry for ravish on the stage to have asked me to walk faster off the stage.

4. Pehla Nasha :- I used to love the song, but now I hear it and I can think of only 1 person. There was a period when this was the only song to be heard if your near Sharad. The songs spanned through our initial days of meeting each other. Playing Pranks, and me and Shrikar’s case, discovering secrets by going through an innocent Sharad’s messages. The song lasted till Sharad met the true love of his life, in form of CS.

3.Kajara Re:- If there would be one song that could define our ragging, it would be this one. And if there was one person who could bust the same moves as Aish in our batch, it would be Shalu the Chaluguy. It seemed there was no session complete without us dancing on kajra re. And Shaleen always used to be the show stealer.

2. Tarzan and Jane :- Whenever I hear the song, I can actually see Gogi jumping around the lobby. We were caught by J’s Favourite professor, chota chatri (RK Narayan) before M3[ which later all 4 of us flunked] and had a half an hour lecture on okhal and mosal, the reason to which I am yet ignorant.

Finally one song that stand apart from all the rest, primarily because of the man it was sung by accompanied by the mystical events that followed. Shrikar actually managed to blow up a tubelight just by the power of his voice while singing Saawan me lag gayi Aag. Most will say it’s unbelievable, but I was a witness to it, along with Amit. First time, when he sang the tubelight filled with smoke. Than he stopped, observed and resumed. This was too much for the tube to handle. It decided to make way for the Neon.

I might have got some details wrong. Please people feel free to correct me. I know there have been other memorable songs, but these are the ones that came to my head. Please add the ones you remember as comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers